Skip to main content

The Hardest Part of Self-Publishing

For years I wanted to share my story. When my dream became reality I didn't know what to expect. Yes, my writing journey required great diligence. Yes, creating the book was a serious task for me. Yes, I enjoyed the process! Brainstorming creative ways to produce content and acquiring the finished product to become accessible online. 

The Hardest Part of Self-Publishing

    However, my job wasn’t done. You could write the best book and publish it on a worldwide platform and not get any recognition for your hard work. That was a hard lesson. Although my book was available everywhere, it didn't mean it would sell well online. Over time, I gained insight on strategies for marketing my books.


Public Relations Strategies

    I worked an internship in college which enabled me to practice my public relations coursework. I drafted a few press releases for my employer that were published in the local newspapers. After I became a published author, I returned to my previous training to market my books and I encourage you to work with IN HER OWN INK to gain insight on creative ways to attract people to your book online.


Conclusion

    Finally, I encourage you to create a strategy for marketing your book. Start developing your game plan before you even finish writing your manuscript. The sooner you establish a plan to promote your book the easier the transition whenever you’re ready to sell your book. Therefore, overcome the hard part of self-publishing and work with IN HER OWN INK for not only establishing your writing journey but also your marketing plans. 


How will you market your book?


Get Inspired. Discover More. Call Today. (404)369-0499

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Establishing Your Book Objectives

Generating book objectives is setting up the groundwork for your book design. Creating a strong foundation for your visions is essential to the process of developing your manuscript. I discuss the importance of establishing book objectives to move forward with your plans in my author’s handbook, In Her Own Ink: Strategies for Creating from Author to Author.  Creating Book Objectives      Identifying book objectives reinforces the makeup of your nonfiction work. Answering questions to meet these objectives helps us carry out our promises. We have a clearer understanding of the purpose of our reading and can outline messages. These foundational goals create the scope of our work. To meet the reader by delivering on those promises which the book is based on.       Your goals and messages are built on the book objectives. Your content circles the block on carrying this out. Therefore, every chapter’s argument can reflect on answering those critical qu...

Tackling the Introduction

What is the purpose of your reading? Why select your copy? What promises will you deliver? These are some of the pertinent questions you will answer in your book’s Introduction. Go Harder     The Respect Institute is a public speaking program I partook in. I recall the instructor demanding that we create a strong Introduction and Conclusion. They emphasized the significance of producing a hook to entice the audience, and Conclusion to thoroughly wrap up the talk. Avoiding Common Author Mistakes     After publishing seven books, I’ve learned from my mistakes and matured in book development. My experience and direction will undoubtedly support your publishing endeavors. Working with In Her Own Ink will validate and reinforce effective strategies to build your manuscript.     I discuss practical tips on the building blocks of writing an Introduction in my book, In Her Own Ink: Strategies for Creating from Author to Author. I drill authors on t...

Keep Your Eye on the Prize

You’ve started writing your book and the motivation drops as well as your progress. How do you stir your passion? How can you rekindle your flame? When I hit a roadblock, I’ll do one of these three activities or all of them.  Reflect on my reasons. Revert to my writing ritual. Review the list of questions my reader may have. Proven-Strategies for Creating      In the beginning stages, I’ll jot down my reasons for publishing. Five or more reasons I deserve to publish. I keep this note in the miscellaneous section of my binder. I discussed these tasks in my book, In Her Own Ink: Strategies for Creating from Author to Author.      The writing ritual is where motivation meets discipline. What motivates you into action? Which song, quote, or image gets you moving? Generally, I watch a couple of performances on YouTube that spikes my professional keenness, and produces passion. I do this repeatedly, prior to diving into the mental work of my book development...